Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Mum

Yesterday.
Context:I went to the loo, and on my way back into the living room, jumped on the bathroom scales and weighed myself.

Conversation:
Me: "Hey Mum. I've lost about 4 kilos"
Mum: *starts giggling*
Me: "Umm.... wtf?"
Mum: "No dear that's great, I just thought.....*laugh laugh laugh*..... that perhaps you had a really successful trip to the loo there"

Today.
Context: I have to get up mega early to get to the bus by about 7.20 am to get to school by 8am.

Conversation:
Me: *sneaking around the house all quiet like, while the wind and rain batter the house*
Mum : *in sleepy voice* "Claire? I will drive you to the bus stop cos its cold and raining"
Me: "Awwww.........that's sweet but you should stay in bed. Its horrible out there."
Mum: *ends up driving me not only to the bus stop, but the bus stop 3 stops further down the road, the one that has a proper shelter so I don't get wet while waiting for my bus*