Monday, January 17, 2005

A letter to you on a cassette, cos we don't write anymore.....

It would appear that all the good ones are taken. And some of the not-so-good.
Save for He Who Must Not Be Named In A Public Forum, they're all bastards, or chickenshit (although many out there believe him to be the former. Hes really not, in so many ways).
It seems strange to me that so many men are afraid of women. (Usually its ugly women who say that as an excuse for not getting any dates, but I'm not particularly ugly. At least not once I've had my morning cuppa. My Mum says I'm pretty.)
In this day and age it does shock me that men still look for women to be that stereotype of our parents' era.
The impression that I get is that I would have to censor myself in some way to be found agreeable. Well bollocks to that. My Dad, who has a quote for every occasion, although its usually from Mark Twain, says the best piece of advice he can give anybody is "To thine own self be true".
OK, so I'm a bit mad. And stroppy and impatient and spoilt and vain.
But I'm not going to sit round and wait. I've got better things to do with my life.
And I refuse to believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with me that expresses itself in my lack of relationships. I have survived far worse things than not haing a boyfriend, and have come out tougher and wiser because of them.
And I have found that there are decent men out there, despite the opinion of those around me on his character, its just that sometimes you can't have them, or they move away, or the timing is all wrong.
But you know what, I've got things in my life that people would kill for.
So fuck it. My life is great. Its a bit mental sometimes, but its my life and I get to do what I love doing, and I won't compromise that for anything. (Except maybe Goran Visnjic. Joking. Partially)
Maybe its because I'm staring down the barrel of thirty, but I remember people saying that as you get older you get a better handle on who you are, and I remember thinking that they were full of shit cos I was in my very early twenties and thought I was all grown up.
But its true. And I am awesome. So bollocks to Mister "I'll call you tomorrow and thats the last I heard from him arsehole". YOU LOSE!!!
Again with the random Pacey quote...