Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Nuff said....

For boys, there is a 35% increase in the likelihood of marriage for each 16-point rise in IQ. For girls, there is a 40% drop for each 16-point increase. (Pinched from a Green Fairy link)

My IQ has been tested at various levels, the average of which is about 130.
Which means that there is an approximate 80% drop (from what?) in the likelihood of me getting married. So science has spoken, and I'm never getting hitched.
Personally, the only marriage I can see myself being a part of involves Viggo Mortensen (or possibly Goran Visnjisc), an Elvis impersonator as celebrant, and a Vegas chapel. I think the chances of that are fairly slim, in fact about equal to the chances of me becoming Pope or perhaps the Queen of Egypt.
But its nice to know that I have science on my side.
Yay for science.