Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Rosie

I stayed at my sister's house last night, her and the hubby were off to see the King return (phwoar) and I knew they'd be late, so I took my toothbrush and jammies (Finding Nemo T-shirt, c/o Blockbuster) and got in some serious Aunty-ing time. Actually, I sat downstairs and worked on my thesis until midnight, while the children slept, but still.
About 5.30 am I got woken by the baby crying, and I lay there for a bit, thinking one of her parents would go see her, but no joy, so off I went. As soon as I went in her room, she stopped crying, then gave me a funny look, shes got the most expressive wee face. It was like, I really need a cuddle right now, and I know you're not Mum or Dad, but I don't really mind you too much, and if its all I'm going to get at 5.30am, then I'm happy with that.
So I picked her up, and after making a grab for the ever elusive lightshade (it has tassles, very tempting) she curled up and put her wee head on my shoulder and made the cutest cooing/gurgling/snuffling sounds (she has a cold) and was all snuggly. It was a beautiful moment.

Then I went back to bed and woke up this morning in my usual charming humour, so yes, the moments gone.