Thursday, July 29, 2004

Hands up whos read a Thursday Next book?
Well, you'll find this funny then, I think.
Am off to dinner now with Mr Wallace, who is leaving us very soon for the Orient. So, in keeping with the theme, I am wearing my special kimono-inspired top with cranes on it. Crane in Japanese is Chizuru, well so Chizuru told me. And who says you can't learn from blogs!! Well, nobody has to me yet, but we'll call that a pre-emptive strike.
I'm even wearing my nice black skirt and the shoes that make my legs look record-breakingly long. Really a bit pointless though, given that I'll be sitting at the dinner table, and nobody will see. Nevermind. I don't know that theres anybody there that I really need to impress with my legs anyway.
Yes I know, its a sad state of affairs, but welcome to my life....
Actually I take that back, my life is awesome. I may be the last single woman in town over 25 whos not hideously ugly or clinically obese, but fuck it. Far more important things to worry about than boyfriends. I can't stand those women who are defined by their relationships. OK, if you've got a nice man, then good on you. Yay. But designing your life around it? Nah, fuck that for a joke, design your life around what you want, and if someone else wants to come along for the ride, then you're just a lucky wee bean.
You'll never find happiness in another person. You must find your own happiness, then find someone to share it with.

Woah. That was a bit philosophical for a Thursday!! Time for a beer, I think.