Monday, August 02, 2004

Saving the World, in 3 easy steps

If only...
Thanks to Sanchia's informative informational skills, I am applying for the Vodafone World Of Difference Grant, so that I can go to Afghanistan and teach women to read. Providing, of course, that they want to read English, cos I don't know a single word of Pashto or Farsi (I had to Google that!!). But hey, you've got to start somewhere. And so, I will be volunteering at the Refugee and Migrant Centre, and we'll be adding that to my two jobs, a statistics course and the completion of my MA, and whats that other thing I like to do.....ummm....Oh yeah. Sleep. Theres not a hell of a lot of that going on at the moment.

I am the only person in my house who has a job. Hows that? And there are those among the jobless in my house that I do at least twice as much as in terms of household contributions, and who sleep twice as much as me. Theres only so much nagging one can do really, before it starts to get beyond a joke. Actually we left the joke component behind in about February, so keep an eye out for the headlines: Lazy slob student disembowelled by angry flatmates, judge rules it completely justified, praises flatmates for contributing to the earth's future.

See, now I'm even angry thinking about it. Let it go Claire.....

In other news, I still haven't heard from the chap at Yale who I want to study with, which is really not a good sign. Uhoh. Maybe hes off plotting ways to get me into Graduate School without having to reveal my awful GPA. Or maybe hes hoping that if he ignores me long enough I'll go away. Fat Chance, mate. Thats been tried many a time, with a perfect record of failure every time.

Anyway, must dash now and finish my stats assignment. I wonder if it takes anyone else in the class all afternoon to do.......