Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I must remember to buy catfood on the way home.

I'm feeling a bit blah today. I think I know why though. I've been sitting at my desk all day, calculating REALLY FUCKING CHEERY statistics, such as number of battle deaths, and average numbers of people that died as a result of combat per month in the Asia Pacific region since 1945. Did you know that over the space of six years, 1.5 million died in South Vietnam because of internal conflict? Thats well before the American war, too. It works out at nearly 24 thousand people a month. One thousand people per month are still dying in West Papua. And thats only since 2000. Since 1989, 64.5 people die a month in Aceh. 5% of the population have died. Name 20 people you know, and pick one.

Maybe it should be making me grateful, because I live in beautiful NZ and don't run the risk of being a statistic of violent conflict.

Or maybe its just the fact that I've been sitting at my wee desk all day, and still haven't heard from Our Friend in America, aka Programme-Running-Guy, as to whether or not I got into the university. If patience is a virtue, then I'm not a particularly virtuous soul. Although apparently chastity is a virtue as well, so HAHAHA!!!!!!

I am considering a rant about the new Pope, but it will have to wait. Its brewing.
I am also considering writing a big blog about the universe and everything in it, but that one will take a while.

Now I must buy catfood.

And Jay: they're pink. With Snoopy on them.