Saturday, April 23, 2005

Well at least we're not boring.

Never a dull moment, really.
My poor old mum has fallen over and broken her ankle. Sucks to that. What also sucks is that she lives in a split level house on a hill, where all the essential things like bedroom, kitchen, big fuck-off telly with Sky, are upstairs. I was wondering whether I could install one of those chair-stair-lift things in her house, like in Gremlins, but given how badly that ended in the movie, I am reluctant to. Oh well.

In other news, I have a TA offer from a uni in the US, unfortunately its not my first choice. Which is a nice way of saying its in Redneckville. When I was in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago, a bunch of people I had only just met had a wee intervention to stop me from going there, cos they were convinced that I would hate it. I have until June to make a decision.

Last night Christchurch got completely hammered by the most awesome thunder storm. There was REALLY LOUD (drowning out the telly loud) thunder, and super bright lightening, and buckets of hail and rain, and it was cool. Unfortunately the kittens weren't down with it, and kind of freaked out. I think they're over it though.
It appears that winter has arrived. Its now so cold that I can see my breath inside, its raining sideways, and its about 1 degree. OK, maybe a little more than that, but not much.

Winter is awesome. Oh yeah.