Wednesday, April 20, 2005

She says that my sentimental side should be held with kid gloves...

I feel like I'm stuck in limbo. Its weird. The last few days I've being going hard out on my work, and I'm a bit blah. It might also be because I think I'm coming down with this nasty cold thats been going around. The good thing about being me, however, is that whenever theres a nasty cold or flu going around, and lesser mortals are laid up for a week or two, Super Claire gets a wee sniffle, a sore throat, feels like arse for maybe two days, and is back to her usual super-ness in no time at all. My immune system could rival Wolverine's skeleton: made of adamantium and virtually unbreakable.
Or it could be that I'M HAVING TO WAIT AND I HATE WAITING AND AM REALLY REALLY CRAP AT IT. Just in case you hadn't guessed.
Little Miss Instant Gratification.
I want to know if I'm going to the university in the US. And I wanna know now!!!!!!
Actually, if its a no, I don't want to know at all, cos then I'll be all depressed and moping and you'll all have to put up with it.
Ah fuck it.

I think its been a few days since I've done this, but are you aware of just how awesome Interpol are? ( the band, although the international police aren't too shabby either. But thats not important right now) Its important that I make it quite clear to you all, and I strongly encourage you to go out now, yes now, dinner can wait, and buy both their records.

Also, this arrived in my inbox this morning. It might take a few minutes to load unless you've got some fancy high-speed loving going on, but tis good. Nice to see so much support for something thats so important.

Go and see Robots. Nike and I had a smashing dinner last night, and went to see it, and goodness gracious me its a bit of a giggle. Random Britney Spears moment as well, which is always funny. The messages in it are good too, perhaps this is further evidence that I think about things too much, but given that children are being raised by the media way more than we ever were, it becomes increasingly important what sort of messages they are recieving. And for this one, the messages are all good and healthy, and the ruthless pursuit of money once again fails to overcome the human (or robot) spirit, and the kid with the hand-me-downs and the blue collar family is the good guy.
I haven't spoiled the plot, don't worry, its a kids movie, forChrissakes, you know whats going to happen.

I was going to go to the gym, but bollocks to that, I'm going to visit my dear old Dad.
Have a super day.
(I'm feeling better already)