Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Here comes a storm in the form of a girl, shes the finest, sweetest thing in the world.


Me and Samantha went to see Shark Tale last night. Pretty funny, but certainly no Monsters Inc. Renee Zellweger is kind of annoying, even in fish form, but I adore Will Smith. The fish are funny looking though, and I found that difficult to get over. There's jokes for grownups as well as kids, which certainly puts it a league ahead of Garfield, which I took Alexander to last week. It kind of sucked, which is a shame, cos a Garfield movie has so much potential.
I really need to see a grownups movie.

I'm beginning to worry that I'm losing my need to blog. Or maybe, I'm just losing my inspiration. Ha! Like there was any real inspiration to begin with.
Anyhoo.
Whats been going on?
How have you been?
And the family?
Glad to hear it.

I believe I have come to a decision regarding statistics. Not the concept, or the field of study, but the stupid stats paper I'm doing, because I don't really have enough to stress about with a thesis to finish, the GRE exam next month in which I must score over 87.5%, the conference next month for which I still have obscene amounts of work to do, graduate school applications to complete, people to suck up to so they'll let me into their schools with my crap GPA, and work five nights (six, recently) as well.
But stats is soon to be gone. I have plenty of time to learn statistics, and now is really not that time. So this afternoon I'm off to Registry to withdraw from the course.
And the minute I made that decision, I physically felt a huge weight lift off me, and I got about five years younger. All of a sudden, life is sunny and warm. Yay.
(runs off to make refreshing life-saving cup of tea)
However, I was informed yesterday that all the data I've been working on for the project is apparently no good; something to do with the coding rules and variation in conflict intensity. I think, however, that it won't take too much for me to fix it so that we can still use it, especially given the amount of time and energy I have expended already. I got an email from one of the guys I'm working for in America which said "All the data are stuffed, and its my fault". Oh dear.
I think I can fix it though.
And I'm still not sure of which schools I'm going to apply for. They charge you for applications, so I can really only afford five or six. Hopefully one of them will be fool enough to accept me. Who knows. Cross your fingers, aye?
Smoochies.