Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Happiest of Happy News

Oh, I am one very happy girl right about now.
I heard the first announcement for Big Day Out Acts, and I am SOOOOOOOOO going.
Two words.
FUCKING BEASTIE BOYS!!!!!
Ok, so thats three, but I think I've made my point. Tickets are on sale next Friday, airfare will be less than $200, anybody who wants to go on an Auckland mission with me is more than welcome to join the Claire Train. (I've already got Nike on board).
Also playing: Chemical Brothers (choice), Shihad (double choice), Misfits of Science, Trinity Roots, Concorde Dawn, John Butler Trio, System of a Down, The Donnas, and theres a new announcement at the start of November.
By which time I will already have my Big Day Out and airplane tickets in my hot wee hands.
Also, two months subsequent, the mighty REM are playing here in Chc, so yay, bring the good concert season. Strangely enough, REM are playing only in Chc and Palmerston North of all places, which is a nice way to stick it to Auckland and Wellington who always get the good gigs.
Oooooooh. I'm so excited about this!! I think maybe my head will fly right off my neck.
I hope not, cos I have an awful lot of work to do.
Also good news that it brightening my day up, fishboy is coming by at 4 o'clock for a catch-up, going to the uni bar for a beer for old times sake, then off to the Staff Club for a seminar on NY cops and the Republican National Convention, a couple of chaps from the university went there and shot some footage, and are talking about protests and politics, could be very interesting. Also, there will be beer. And the fishy one has promised delivery of a bottle of scrummy vodka goodness.
And the sun is shining, and the tunes are good (am listening to Aphex Twin), and life is super smashing.
And its only 106 sleeps until I see the FUCKING BEASTIE BOYS!!!!!!
Yay.