Thursday, October 28, 2004

Insert evil super-villain laugh here....

Hello my babies.
I'm not feeling particularly super-villain-ish today, but I do love the laugh.
Its official. I am over working in a restaurant. I have been working in hospo for ten years now, and have run out of nice. Hard to believe that I did actually have some nice to begin with, but now its all gone completely, and work is no longer fun. It is time to get the fuck out of there, and with that in mind, I am constructing a proposal to the department to sign me up for some serious fixed-term contract loving, complete with salary, because wages suck. Given my tendancy to work all the time, I'd much rather work here all day, get paid a bit more than I do now, and have my evenings to myself. There are few things that suck more than working here all day, knowing that you have to go and work in a ridiculously busy restaurant for several hours at night as well. Then while all your work mates from the restaurant go out after work and do fun stuff, you have to go home, because you have to do a days work here the next day.
Bollocks to that I say, its time to get the university to give me more money. The guy I work for said that he wanted me to leave the restaurant so I could work for him full-time. However, his idea of full-time work is 30 hours a week, whereas mine is 45 hours a week. So as soon as he gets back from wherever he is, he will find himself confronted by yours truly and a list of all the reasons I should get more money.
Right. Best go write that list then. Suggestions welcome, although those involving the phrase "righteous red fury" may not make it onto the final list. Those, however, involving the phrase "smackdown, Punisher styles" very well may.