Sunday, October 03, 2004

Rainbows and Butterflies and Kittens

A funny thing happened at work last night. See, I was hungover to the max, having been completely boozed on Saturday night, had 4 1/2 hours sleep on a sofa, and got up at some ungodly hour to go to the Riccarton Markets with my sister and the baby. So by the time I got to work, I was a little tired, add to that the fact that I was on the busiest section in the whole place, all my tables had sat at once, and a couple of the chefs were having a 'mare; not all was running completely smoothly, and one could feel ones fuse shortening rapidly.
But then, I went into the bar and spied a friend sitting on a table there with his workmates. Now when I'm at work, I'm all hair-tied-up and black shirt, and looking almost respectable in my glasses and tidy clothes, and its understandable that someone who mostly sees me at parties in my natural (read: boozed and scruffy) state might not immediately recognise me. So I bowled up, and he did a bit of a double take, and then it was all hellos and happiness etc.
Funny thing was, that he and his workmates had seen me prior to me recognising my friend, and they had been sitting around discussing what a fine arse that red-haired waitress had. Yes, my friend had not recognised me, and was checking out my arse.
And yes, I am vain enough for that to make my night.
To top it off, after I had my dinner Waz gave me a wee chocolate cake with icecream, cos he had been experimenting with desserts. And my night was complete. Well, almost, but we'll just be happy with what we've got.