Friday, September 23, 2005

Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup...

Sleep, oh how I miss thee!!
World music night at World last night (say it out loud, it sounds good).
Several glasses of wine and many tunes later, I discover its 2.30am, and then remember I have a class at 9am. When there's 8 people in class, one's absence is noticed. Oops.
I manage to stay awake throughout the class (well at least give the impression of being awake), assisted by giggling away to myself because I had Bruce's Philosopher Song running through my head. Political theory can be a little dull, and it pays to find new and interesting ways to liven it up. So the rest of the class is having an intimidatingly intelligent discussion of Hegelian perspectives on the role of recognition in identity formulation, while I'm singing
"David Hume could outconsume Schopenhauer and Hegel, and Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel" in a wee small voice otherwise the rest of the class would hear me and call those nice men in the white coats with the pretty pills to come and take me away again.
After the class we (the geeks) had organised a special geek out session to study for our research design class (in which the other three talk about statistics and algebra and I sit there looking and feeling as dumb as a bag of hammers). Unfortunately, due to a virulent outbreak of Cantbefuckeditis, the meeting was cancelled, and I find myself sitting at my desk, having lost about an hour to the internets.
Am thoroughly exhausted from being so slack, so I think I will have a nap.
In other news, there seems to be a rash of pregnancy around these parts.
Note to self: keep knickers on.