Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I have just stepped out of the twilight zone.
As we speak, there are four males in my office discussing the benefits of soap vs body wash.
Yes, they are in fact serious.
Gus: "I use Dove, its one third moisturiser and really makes my skin soft"
Andy: "And its just Dove thats done that?"
Dan: "I'm more of a soap kind of guy, but I do like bodywash, its like a special treat. A real luxury"
Hamish:"I'm a real soap guy myself, but it can dry out your skin"
Me: "OH MY FUCKING GOD I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!"
We were discussing men, they of course were attempting to get a woman's perspective on certain things, and I said that I would take Reuben Thorne over Justin Marshall any day. Why? Well Marshall seems more concerned with his poofter hair than anything, while Reuben looks like the kind of chap who could easily build stuff and dig holes, not being too fussed about what might happen to his "do".
Needless to say, the conversation turned to " what do women really want in a man", to which I automatically replied "Viggo": ie man who can build stuff, dig holes, and ride horsies, then come inside, bake a souffle, write a poem and paint a picture, all in a very manly way, while remaining cultured, sophisticated and sexy. Not a freaking man who has a serious discussion about the benefits of soap vs bodywash. Call me antiquated in my views, call me one who wants it all (well der!!), call me Shirley, but I have in my head a vision of perfection.
Leave the sensitive new age types to the other girls. I know what I want.
Just don't know where he is.....