Monday, March 08, 2004

I'm stunned.
I just got called fat.
By a nurse.
She was really short. (ha!)

I was at student health, as one does, and was reading the little chart that tells one their ideal weight. Given that it didn't take into account such annoying details as build, muscle etc, my ideal weight is apparently 68 kg. Given that at last count (about 6 months ago) I weighed in at 75 kg, I questioned said chart.
Okay, I'm just over 5 foot ten, and unlike some tall people who are just stretched tall people, I am built in proportion to my height. I'm a (can anyone say national average?) 12-14 in clothes, and can easily run up several flights of stairs without having to have my heart restarted, and I'm pretty strong.
Skinny I am not, but neither am I the obscenely overweight monster this old cow made me out to be. So I have decided not to take up bulimia, and instead am going to lobby student health to get a new chart that takes into account muscle and build and lifestyle and the fact that 30 years ago the average model weighed 8% less than the average woman, today its 23%. Media pressure? Fashion?
As for the old chart, I've got a fair idea where that old bat can shove it.