Wednesday, March 31, 2004

c/o- Hester, the coolest knickers I've seen all day.
Speaking of Hester, the idea has been mooted of a collective blog, one that all the Kids can contribute too. I'm quite taken with the idea.
The whole idea of a blog as an interactive space within which we can communicate and ramble is very appealing to me, although I'm sure its an old concept for the more technologically literate amongst us. Hell, I'm still impressed with email!! You never know, we might even get an audience!!
I went to the orchestra last night, they played some Mahler. You know its a bad sign when the programme mentions that the final movement is unsatisfactory, but I thought it was ok.
In truth, the only reason I went was for my cousin. A while ago, the position of principal (actually the only) cor anglais player came up, and she auditioned. Unfortunately, the dumb-arses gave the job to this other guy, who then proceeded to take 7 months off to travel around the world with his girlfriend, and audition for a bunch of other orchestras. While he was away, the NZSO came to their senses, shipped my cousin over from London and gave her his job on a temporary basis, she is listed in the programmes as "long-term contract player", until he returned. Which he now has. Now I know I'm a little biased, but my cousin is The Shit. Not only did she get into the Royal College of Music in London, that people sell organs to get into, but she got a scholarship. She has toured Europe with Bryn Terfel (famous Welsh singer), played in orchestras across the UK, played the LOTR score with Howard Shore, and is generally overflowing with prodigous musical talents. Now this tosser is back to take up his position, the rest of the orchestra don't like him cos hes such a poser, and my poor cousin has been reduced to 3rd oboe, compounded by the fact that she now has to sit next to him when they play. Arse. Hopefully some other deluded orchestra will give this guy a job so my cousin can reclaim what is rightfully hers. Either that or cor anglais guy will have a nasty accident. Maybe I need to have a word to some people....
And to rub salt into the wound, he's got really stupid hair.
Oh the humanity.