Sunday, June 13, 2004

OCCAM'S RAZOR REVISITED: CUT THE CRAP

I've come across this wonderful site, the complete edition of Murphy's Law, and its not the tired old version either, theres all new ways of being cynical and jaded!!! So, needless to say, I spent far too much of my valuable writing time cutting and pasting all the good ones onto a document for my perusal.
Examples: A poet who reads his verse in public may have other nasty habits.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again. Anything free is worth what you paid for it (like Nic's three categories of alcohol: good, bad, free.). Waking a person unnecessarily should not be considered a capital crime, for a first offence that is. A little ignorance can go a long way. A closed mouth gathers no feet. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I could go on. In fact, I will.
Common sense is not that common. To err is human, but to really screw things up requires a computer. If two wrongs don't make a right, try three. All general statements are false. Keep up with the Fletchers, cos you'll never make enough money to keep up with the Joneses. If you cannot convince them, confuse them. When you are sure you are right, it is your moral duty to impose your will on anyone who disagrees with you, also known as the Foundation of American Foreign Policy Dictum. A Smith and Wesson beats four Aces.
And, my particular favourite: If you have to ask, you're not entitled to know.

Yes, thats about the level we are operating at today. Hey, its Sunday, and I have 17 days to finish my thesis.
Phil has kindly joined in my countdown on the whiteboard in my office, but his reads five days to go. Panic, maybe? No, unfortunately that is not his thesis deadline, but when the little bastard is going to Hawaii for a month. Yeah, cos I really need to be reminded of that.

In other news, there is only one week left of 24. I can't fucking believe he shot Chappelle!!! I have no idea how they're going to pull this one off, but I just hope Michelle doesn't die, shes cool.
Going to Libby's for tea. Yay for Mums!!!
Later, skaters.