Saturday, June 12, 2004

"You're a wizard 'Arry!!"

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie last night; Harry Potter and the Pensioner of Uzbekistan. And, IT IS GOOD!!!
Like the books get progressively more complex, this is a faster and more complicated and less obvious movie than the first two, and a wee bit scarier. But very very very cool.
According to certain people very near and dear to me, Hermione is on her way to becoming a "smokin' hottie". However, she is indeed very awesome, and punches Malfoy in the face. Convincingly. Nice work.
In other news, my thesis is currently curled up with a smug satisfied look on its face, smoking a cigarette, as a result of all the loving it has been receiving. It is being seen to good and proper, beyond a doubt. All the writing, and planning, and referencing, and assessment, and spreadsheets, and organising, and literature reviewing, and evaluation, and theories; the poor wee thing has never received this much attention! So I'd best leave it to have a wee rest, while I head off to the work I get paid for, while the work I'm actually interested in has a cup of tea and a lie down.
You know, I am constantly amazed by customers at work who are impressed that I can remember four orders. The fact that they are impressed at my ability to do this very simple task does not bode well for the general state of the Christchurch hospitality industry. I mean, its waitressing, not exactly rocket science.
Anyway, gotta go, gotta Pay The Man.
Keepin' it real since 1976,
Claire