Monday, June 07, 2004

Phew!

I have been web-less all day. Given my current state of fiscal deficit, I no longer have access to the university system. It also doesn't help that I've used up all the funds the department gives MA students as well, of course I used it for research purposes, and not for faffing about on the internet or downloading music. No siree Bob.
So I can check my university email account on the department computers, but I can't get access to the internet, or on the network via the connection in my office. So I use the department computers to check my account, and I'm $1.18 overdrawn. Fair enough. I happen to have a $2 coin in my pocket, so off I go to the library to put said coin on my account, thereby enabling myself to blog and waste time on the internet, instead of crunching data, like I should be doing.
But no, its Queens birthday holiday, isn't it, so the library is closed. Nevermind, I think, I can use the wee machine in the Loft to top up my account. So, I swipe my card, get in the lift, and toddle on up to the 5th floor. Found: one account top up machine. In goes the card to be topped up, and the $2 coin comes out of my pocket, with the intention of going into said machine. But no. Some git decided that it would be a really good idea to make the Loft machine capable of taking only notes to top up accounts, leaving Claire standing there looking like a complete twat.
Honestly, do you think that the kind of person that is going to be topping up their account outside of library hours is likely to be the kind of person that carries money in note form? I mean, it appears blindingly obvious that we are not the most organised type of people, we can't even make it to the library to fix up our computer accounts before a holiday weekend, do you really think that financial planning is high on our "To Do" lists? Come on people!!! Sort it out.
But as you can see, I have made it home safely, and am using my non-fascist home connection. Yay.
I have been crunching data all day in an attempt to prove my thesis point. The good news is, I'm right. (well der!!!) The numbers are proving me to be so, and therefore all is well. By the time I get up tomorrow (technically today, its 1.35pm and I love BBC world) I will have 22 days left.

I have but one thing to say to my thesis: TASTE MY PAIN, BITCH!!!!