Thursday, February 03, 2005

Light up, light up, as if you have a choice

My blog had a birthday the other day and I didn't even notice.
Surprising really, given the fuss I make about my own birthday (103 sleeps).
Anyway last Friday was my one year anniversary as a blogger, and so to celebrate, I feel I should post something momentous and meaningful.
But I won't.
Instead I'm going to tell you about my foot.
Last night I was sitting on the floor, with my legs folded up under me, so basically I was sitting on my feet. All of a sudden there was a pinging sensation (ouch) and a significant amount of pain went through the top of my foot, in that no-mans land between foot and ankle. So I said a bad word, and rubbed my foot, and the pain went away.
For a while.
I was woken FOUR, yes, count em, 1, 2, 3, FOUR times in the night by a shooting pain in my foot, and then this morning I was hobbling around the house, and then it was fine, and then it was sore again, and now its fine. Although getting a bit sore now.

But this is the cool thing about blogs, one gets to waffle on about all sorts of shit thats in one's head that needs to get out of one's head cos theres no room for anything else in there its all a bit crowded.
And occasionally someone else will even read it. And even comment.
I think its good for one's psychological welfare. Especially my own, which should really be renamed "psychological doing-ok-for-the-time-being-but-my-goodness-its-a-delicate-balance-isn't-it-and-we've-had-some-interesting-times-haven't-we-thank-heavens-for-the-nice-men-in-the-white-coats-the-pink-pills-are-my-favourite-don't-mislead-people-by-implying-well-in-welfare".
But thats a bit of a mouthful.

But if you think I'm crazy, check out Zach Braff's New Year's Resolutions.

Forgo all exercise (including walking),
Learn to smoke (something thin like Capri's),
Take my loved one's for granted,
Stop washing my hands after twosies,
Laugh at babies who are late walkers,
Pull leaves off trees that appear to be flourishing,
Name the yet to be named voices in my head (something tough like Carl or Kyle)
Be less kind to bunnies,
Floss everything but my teeth,
Travel (but only around my yard and with a light carry-on)
Stop and smell the Rosens. (They're a wonderful family and absolutely compulsive about showering.)

One is compelled to add a couple of one's own.

-Stop going to the 'Westerns' section of the video store to fart, and just let rip in the 'New Releases'.
-Resort more often to the 'one-finger' school of driving etiquette.
-Aim for the bunnies when driving in the country.
-Say the first thing that pops into my head, especially when it is along the lines of "shut up cunt face you don't know shit go back to wasting precious oxygen you are living proof God has a sense of humour, knob-rash".
-Punch people who begin sentences with "I'm not really one to comment, but...."
-Break fingers of men who grab my bottom/boobs etc. No, its actually not funny. Now die, pus features.
-Call more people "pus features".

OK, now its just getting silly.

Inspired by Anna, I am currently compiling a list of "things I can do".
Watch this space.
No, please do.
It will be good, and not at all filthy.
OK, it might be a little filthy. Just the right amount of filth.

Ouch, my foot....