Wednesday, February 02, 2005

It took a life spent with no cell mate.....

Chicky chicky BOW!!!!! (this is me channelling Charlie. I miss Charlie.)

I'm going to Brisbane. Its official, as soon as the department puts its approval of paying for me to go on paper. I'm presenting a paper here, which will be a first for me.
Oh dear.
I am a terrible public speaker. I talk too fast, and have a tendancy to get off topic, and get easily flustered. Also, theres no student forum at this conference, so I'll be with all the professors and practioners which will be kind of intimidating.
I think I'll have to wear my short black skirt and nice black heels so they won't notice that I'm talking shit.
Must remember not to swear.
Perhaps if I get all Powerpoint-ed up with lots of pretty backdrops and photos and shit.
OK, a little too early to be stressed. Suppose I'd better write the paper first. They've got an abstract so at least they know what I'm supposed to talk about.
Next topic, after scamming a way into here, I'm working on a plan so cunning and all that (well really not that cunning, but I do have an angle...) to get myself a place here.
I really think that a conference about the Pacific needs some actual Pacific people there, so with NZ being the most southern of South Pacific nations, I am more than happy to represent my country. The fact that its in the South of France does not influence my willingness to go, not one bit. No siree. Not at all.
Hang on, isn't that where he lives?............