Thursday, February 17, 2005

Some people want it all...

I have awesome friends.
I really do. They are just fantastic. Due to recent stuff and things I have been a little upset at work, and the other day I turned up and Nike and Tarsh had bought me a huge bunch of beautiful happy yellow and pink flowers and a card that said "Kia Kaha" and a packet of little heart-shaped belgian biscuits. It was truly thoughtful and thoroughly touching and just too sweet for words. So yay for Nike and Tarsh.

I made a bit of a dick of myself last night, just for a change.
There was this GORGEOUS guy in the restaurant, and he came into the bar for a drink. I asked what his table was booked under, so I could put the drink on his account, and he said "Jane", presumably his girlfriend's name. So I said, "thats obviously not you then" and he said all jokingly "how do you know, don't be discriminating" (in a lovely English accent) so I gave him his drink and said "there you go Jane", and then got one for his girlfriend (who was really nice so I couldn't bring myself to hate her, even though I was in love with her boyfriend). Anyway, they went to their table and were sitting so that he was facing out so we could all see how scrummy he was, and his girlfriend had her back to us all. So, needless to say all the female staff were staring at him and nearly crashing into things, distracted as we were by his complete deliciousness. Then, halfway through the meal, they swapped seats. I reackon it was because he got all freaked out by us staring at him, so I went over and said "Hi Jane, everything all right here?" He said yes, and all went well. Then later, he got up to go to the bathroom, and I went over to clear the table. I said to his girlfriend (the real Jane, I presume) that I'd noticed that they'd swapped seats. She said that it was because she was getting the draught where she was and he gallantly offered to swap seats with her so she wouldn't be cold. So, of course, I opened my big mouth and said "Ok, I thought it might have been cos all the staff were staring at your boyfriend cos we all think hes utterly gorgeous".
It didn't seem to bother her much. I guess shes used to it. She would have to be, having a bloke like that.

In other news, my six-year old niece is coming aboard the Bounty for a night. I informed the flatties, and Tim's response was "What games does it play?"

"It?"

This may be a learning experience for them both.