Wednesday, May 11, 2005

We won't use guns, we won't use bombs, we'll use the one thing we've got more of, that's our minds.

I was driving to work this morning, and was thinking about the things I would blog about. I'm not sure what that means, but hey.
Who watched "Lost" last night?
More to the point, how good did Sawyer look?

I tried to post a picture of just how good he looked, sadly my previous Luddite tendancies have won out, and I find myself unable.
Anyway. I have decided that Sawyer is well hotter than Jack.

That is pretty much the level at which I am operating at the moment. My brain is going "must get visa must move house must sell stuff must fix car must clean out office must pack up stuff must see friends must choose courses must save money must buy presents for people must do work must write this chapter must plan next week's classes" etc... so theres not a whole lot of spare brain activity for, you know, making sense.

Excrement does indeed occur.

Am having dinner tonight with the parental units to try and sort out how much money I will need to steal from the bank to live in Syracuse. I get a stipend in return for doing research work, and it sounds like a lot of money, but in reality, I have very little idea just how much it will cost me to live day to day. So I emailed my future flatmates to ask them. Yay for them.
Incidentally, it looks like we will have four nationalities living in the one house, which could be interesting. One is Indian and one is from Pakistan, so at least we can watch cricket.

I have also set up a parent-friendly type blog for the whanau to keep up with me while I'm away. The problem is, it must also be child friendly. And I'm going to need to learn how to post pictures. And I'll need a digital camera. Add that to the list. It is my birthday in less than a week, however, so if anyone's got a spare digital camera lying around, preferably 4.0 mega pixel+, with video capacity, and maybe with a second memory stick...

Only two days left until the "Claire and Dave have similar birthdays so we may as well combine our birthday parties" party. Yay. I'm hoping that my cold goes away before then.

This really isn't a very interesting post, so I'll be off now, before I lose the already small audience that I have.

Ok. Bye.

P.S. Nobody seems too keen on the "Guess what song the title of this post is stolen from" game. At least you know it won't always be Radiohead.
Actually, its never been Radiohead.
Yet.
Shut up, Claire.