Monday, February 16, 2004

I was going to write a big list of "Things That Pants Up Your Day" to vent a little steam, but thats not particularly productive, because the only reason I'm cross is because of stupid search engines. Plus, people piss me off, but that happens every day, so you'd think I'd be used to it by now.
The difference is now they piss me off in a stalker kind of way. Hmmm.
I went back to the optometrist today, having come to the realisation that there is no way I can afford the pink Gucci glasses I so really want. Instead, I spent the best part of an hour trying on frames, and finally decided on some very stylishly understated gray wire framed Oakleys. So I only have about 8 weeks left of squinting at everything and everybody before I will have paid them off. Yay. Then I will be cool. Stop laughing, I will be.
I also employed the assistance of the lovely Ange to help explain the difference between certain terms. I was recently accused of being more manly than a certain male, the accuser in fact, just because I changed the tyre on my car. I think in fact he was more impressed that I was changing the tyre and fiddling around under the bonnet of the car in a wee small T-shirt and Daisy Dukes, but thats a whole other story.
Anyway, having been accused of being more of a man than him because I could do more car stuff, I needed Ange to help explain to the poor wee dear the difference between "male" and "capable", being that the difference is so massive it defies the comprehension of the average human.
A woman who is capable of doing car stuff, as well as useful things like back trailers and tune VCRs, is no less a woman or more a man, she is just infinitely more valuable than a person who can do neither. Ha.
The imposition of outdated gender stereotypes serves only to illuminate the ignorance and/or insecurities of those employing said stereotypes.
Its Tamara's last night at work tonight :(
There will be drink involved :}.
Tune in next time for...... debauchery.