Sunday, February 01, 2004

Monday, monday, dah dah, daaahh, dahdah
My best friend Sarah is going to Australia today for a holiday, to visit a whole bunch of our friends, and I am insanely jealous. I, however, am stuck here in muggy damp Chc. Yum.
I had a run in with someone yesterday who really got on my wick, which actually surprised me.
There are some people out there who are artists, and have amazing things to contribute to this world. Unfortunately there are also people who are so ridiculously precious about the concept of "art" and "creativity" that they are unable to see anything because they have their heads so far up their arses all they can smell is shit. They honestly believe that "As An Artist" they deserve some sort of special recognition, and they look down their noses at the rest of us lowly mortals. I freely admit to being an artistic ignoramus, and I'm probably just jealous that I have no ability to do like they do, but honestly. Sort your shit out. We all should be grateful to the people who do all the crappy jobs so that we can do what we do.
Anyway, theres my rant.
On a happier note, when I got home last night C4 was playing a show called "U2: every video ever made", and I indulged in some serious reminiscing. U2 is one of the bands, actually probably the only band, that I was really into in my so-called "formative years" and it was cool to go back. Everyone has those albums that define a part of their lives, and "Achtung Baby" is one of mine. Along with Hole's "Live Through This" and the first Chemical Brothers album, before they turned to shit.
Charlie's leaving us in a month, to go to the UK. Another name on the list of my friends who are buggering off.
In consolation, today is the day of the much anticipated return of the best programme ever: ER!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah. Theres always an upside.