Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Subject of todays ill tempered rant:Arseholes who drive like, well, arseholes.

I was just about to leave the comfort of the Green Room (ie my house) to make my way bravely back to uni to confront the rabid demon that is my thesis, when there was a big fuck-off screeching-followed-by-crashing sound. So, being the wee curious cat that I am, I went outside to investigate. Now, I live next to a park, where theres a big playground, and cricket nets, and all sorts of fun kid-orientated things. Given that there are hence loads of children running about the place all the time (even 8am on a Saturday, but thats for another day), this complete fuck nuts in a flashy (read: new money, small penis) car comes tearing around the corner, loses control of his car, and smashes into a (luckily empty) parked car on the other side of the street. The owner of this car and her small daughter (subsequently terrified out of her cute little tree) are about to get into their car, and it is some piece of good fortune that the loser in the silver speeding car didn't come round the corner a minute later. This arsewipe confesses to the cop that he might have been doing 70 or 80 around the corner, which means he was probably doing over 100. In a suburban street. Next to a park. Where he comes every week, so he said, so he cant plead ignorance as to the existence of the park.
So I think I did pretty well restraining myself to a "you're fucking lucky you didn't kill anyone, what the fuck were you thinking driving like that around here".
Now those who have the privilege to know me know that people who drive like a cautious nana are high on the list of things that pants up your day, but surely theres a happy medium?
I just hope that Mr new-money-flashy-sports-car-drive-like-a-deranged-arse chap loses his licence, and once his car's fixed (that he has to pay for, none of this insurance nonsense) he has to give it to the little girl he scared the shit out of. Ok, shes only about 4, but hey, university's not cheap, and its important to start saving early!
Anyway, that is all.