Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Does this make me famous?

No, I seriously doubt it, but I am being dissed in blogworld. Apparently I am ignorant, brainwashed and elitist, and have no idea who the American people really are, having received a liberal anti-American indoctrination. (I don't remember any indoctrinations. Being taught by American academics?)The only thing I am anti, aside from people without table manners, are people who can't think for themselves.
No, I don't have any idea about who the American people really are. Hell, I don't have any idea about who people are in general!! But I do know a little bit about international relations and about conflict, and if daring to critique what I get fed by the media machine (fed to us by the nice people at CNN) makes me ignorant and brainwashed, then hey!! Bring it on!! I'm far from having the pulse on the world (do you mean having my finger on the pulse of the world? cos that makes a bit of sense), but the ability to question what you see, hear, read and are told by the powers that be is a gift that must be treasured and used, for the sake of all.

In other news, heres a ying/yang moment.
11.30pm, having finished a chapter, Claire makes to go home. Dum de dum, get downstairs, run through the pissing rain to the car, and discover a flat tyre. Arse. Proceeds to get thoroughly wet and greasy changing tyre, goes home.
Heres the yang (or maybe ying?)
11.45pm, get home, house is toasty warm thanks to flatmates cranking the fire. Crack open deliciously cold Steinlager, watch crap telly for ten minutes, do crossword. Proceed to bed, where electric blanket has been on for hours and have scrummy cosy sleep for a whole 7 and a half beautiful hours. Life is back to goodness again.

Time to finish thesis: 48 days. Like that movie with Sandra Bullock, but with 20 more days, and not so much with the rehab, and with beer, and better accommodation, and without the overdosing room-mate, and with less mountains, and more city, and a better computer, and no nurses or counsellers, and no Viggo Mortensen.
OK, so not like a movie at all.
It would be a pretty fucking dull movie, 6 hour shots of me sitting at my desk, typing, swearing, drinking tea and talking to myself. Riveting.