Sunday, May 23, 2004

She's got eyes of the bluest sky...

Things we love: G 'n R greatest hits. Oh yeah, show me the 80s metal. We also love hot water bottles, and sleeping. Last night I must have slept for 8 hours, and I only woke up 3 or 4 times. LUXURY!!
We're also going to ignore any reference to the Crusaders in this blog, given last nights ass-whuppin. OK, so it started as a whippin, then we kind of got a bit of cred back by not getting completely rogered in manner of deliverance or similar. I had to text my Dad once I had finished work, in case he was too upset. Seemed ok though, strangely pragmatic about the whole thing. Rachael went out to the airport to see the team when they arrived back today, apparently there was literally hundreds there, so thats nice.
We also love nachos from Charcoal Chicken, I had a taste of Tim's nachos yesterday, and had been thinking about them ever since. Finally got my own, and didn't share them!! Ha!

I'm having to add a whole new section to the thesis. We are needing some more analysis, and given my complete inability to do any sort of quantitative analysis because I can barely count past ten, the distinct lack of an analytical component is beginning to show. So instead of ignoring that part and hoping nobody notices, I'm going to have to integrate some old skool qualitative analysis in there. Fatten that baby up, as it were. So now I'm up to my perfectly plucked eyebrows in the theory of policy analysis and programme assessment. Riveting stuff, really. Makes for a hell of a weekend, especially given the lovely World Bank's tendancies to shroud themselves in a cloud of publications in the hope that nobody will notice that they aren't exactly forthcoming with project appraisals and rating scales for Bank and borrower performance. I have literally reams of information from them, these massive publications they have paid political scientists ridiculous amounts of money to write, yet trying finding out how they evaluate themselves through the blinding rhetoric of "country-led ownership" and "building learning opportunities" and some such crap is harder than.... (trying to think of something really hard...) shit I don't know. Something really fucking hard!!! Trying to sit through the walk-off scene in Zoolander without snorting with laughter. Discovering cold fusion. Sitting through a Stanley Kubrick movie without getting up and shouting "Doesn't anybody else realise this is complete and utter crap!!!" (2001 is exempt.)Harder even, than getting me to sit through the 6 o'clock news without throwing anything at the telly.

So its pretty fucking hard. Plus it doesn't help that the two people from the Bank who were very forthcoming with the info have gone on some project to Rwanda, or Sudan, or somewhere they need economists, I mean development projects. Oopsy.

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and you really mean your mother, I mean another.

Beginning to lose ability to follow a train of thought. Maybe its time for a cuppa.
Van Helsing at 9 tonight. Choice, bro. Also, did anyone else know that at some ungodly hour on a Saturday morning, like 9 or something, is X-Men Evolution? Yay! I'd also like to point out that I was an X-Men fan long before the movie, just in case you were following the Van Helsing-Wolverine line of thought.
Have a smashing day. Smooch.