Thursday, May 27, 2004

Shitfuckarsecrapsuckpissfuckshitarse

I'm not really upset, I just wanted a post called that.
Strikes me that perhaps I should have saved that magic post title for a situation worthy of that much cussing, but hey. I don't believe theres a rule about post titles, and if there is, guess where you can stick it!!
Cardinal pointed out that the titles of the last few posts suggest all is not well on Planet Claire, and I would like to take this opportunity to assure you all that I am just peachy. Bursting with fruit flavour. New improved pine fresh. Industrial strength goodness is going on here. Smashing, as it were.
Actually I'm completely fucked and have 34 days to finish my thesis and some days I get so tired I just want to cry, and its all so huge and scary and I have no job lined up for when I finish unless you count research in the department and waiting tables and I have so many knots in my back it hurts and I just want to run away to Wanaka and sleep.
But I don't really feel like I have any justification for complaining about it, because there are many around me who have either just completed The Task or are in a similar position to me. Plus, I have things in my life that some people would give their right feet for, so every time I feel like complaining I hear this wee voice in my head going "shutthefuckup". Most of the time it drowns out the voices going "kill them all, or they'll cut your throat in your sleep" and "the aliens are reading your brain waves and they're coming to take you away and make you a goddess on their world". Most of the time.
Anyhoo.
Planet Claire is its usual joyful interesting place to live, theres rarely a dull moment, and quite a few smashing people come to visit. The sun shines most days, even when its crappy outside, and when it does rain, its because I want it to, cos I love rain. One makes of the world what one will.
There's loads of dogs and chocolate and penguins and hedgehogs and warm snuggly beds and bare feet and hot sweet cups of tea and autumn leaves and baths and open fires and good smells and jandals and books by Mr Rushdie and long car journeys south and spring cherry blossom and glasses of red wine and red roses and gerberas and tomatoes and sunsets and sunrises and tikka masala and movies with popcorn and fizzy drink and photos and red jackets and horsies and stripy socks.
Its just at the moment, I'm putting all those things on hold until I've finished my thesis.
Heres what I'm listening to on the way;
Tadpole: Blind
Cordrazine: Crazy
Aerosmith: Sweet Emotion
Christina Aguilera: Beautiful
Suede: Animal Nitrate
Coldplay: Moses
Manic Street Preachers: Motorcycle Emptiness
The Distillers: The Hunger
Hole: Violet
Jeff Buckley: Hallelujah
Grant Lee Buffalo: Honey Don't Think
P.O.D: Sleeping Awake
Filter & Crystal Method: Trip Like I Do
Queens of the Stone Age: The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
Incubus: Talk Shows on Mute
Aimee Mann: Wise Up
Deftones: My Own Summer
David Bowie: Absolute Beginners
Skunk Anansie: Weak
The Pixies: Wave of Mutilation

And on that idiosyncratic note (pardon the pun), I have a thesis to write.
Have a smashing day, won't you.
Smooch.