Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Mmmm. Spinach Pie.

My mum makes the best pie ever. Yay.
Whenever I sit down to write a blog (usually with piles of thesis still to be done) and I'm teeming with ideas, I end up writing about four lines before all my ideas make a quick getaway. Then when I think I'll just sit and write some shit, I end up posting pages and pages. Ok, so a bit more than I expect.
My point being, I really have not much in my head except for the evolution of institutional policy in three phases of the World Bank's involvement in internal conflict, which is being chased around my brain by the frightening concept of 42 days left until it gets handed in, yet I am seized by an inexplicable desire to rant and write and waffle. (Actually its fully explicable, its called phase one: denial)
Rance has laid down the gauntlet and challenged the faithful to a 500 word treatment of what one would do with control of Fox Studios for one year, and truth be told, I'm putting far too much thought into it. In 43 days I wouldn't be able to think of a bloody thing to write on the topic, but now, I'm fair beating the ideas away. Scary. Sort it out Claire.
I was thinking recently how interesting (for me, not so much for the rest of you) it would be to have a little tape recorder attached to me for a day, to see exactly how many times in one day I said "Sort it out Claire". Also a wee video camera, not just to check out my hair, but to observe how many other people were in the room for each utterance. A fascinating sociological/psychological experiment. Or a big waste of resources. You decide.
Anyway, thanks to all who came to my part-A and mocked my drunkeness and generally had loads of giggles and plonk and joy.
Am still awaiting promise of fabulous glamourous exciting well-paid world-saving job. Come on people, show me the love!!
Besides, I'm 28 now (shut up, you're 22, just for the 7th time) and I think I'm getting a bit past it to be waiting tables 3 nights a week and living off a student allowance. Although that does beat getting paid in drachma and living in a one room apartment with three English girls, even though the bungy jumping was free.
Who am I kidding, you're never too old to be living off the government!! I love this country!!!