Friday, May 07, 2004

Thars gold in them thar invites!!

Apparently I can make loads of money off my constant gmail invitations. Even though I've signed up and am using my gmail account, every time I sign in to Blogspot, I get another invite.
If anybody knows how I forward them on to someone who wants one, let me know, and you're most welcome to give me pots of cash for a gmail account, you sad gits.

In other news, I am addicted, not so much to Rance, but to the myriad of strange and interesting comments therein.
I'm not sure if its one of those American we-are-obsessed-with-celebrity thing that goes with all the "Is it John Cusack? Is it George Clooney? Is it Johnny Depp? Is it Owen Wilson?" thing, because as Rance himself says, it may well be some fat greasy kid in his parents house. But anyway, its interesting. As a recent convert however, I am yet to happen upon the opportunity to acquire some Dodge Viper points. I quiver in gleeful anticipation of that day.

In more other news, I got one PFO letter this week, and the absence of a phone call from a particular ministry leads me to believe another PFO letter is in transit. Arse.
Somebody give me a job!!! Very soon I'll have an MA, and I'm a really good cook, and my Mum says I'm pretty, and I don't ask for much.
Just comprehensive debt relief and free HIV/AIDS drugs for Sub-Saharan Africa, the global ratification of the Kyoto Protocol or similar, the replacement of all super highways with paddocks filled with frolicking lambs and flowers, the international collapse of the military-industrial complex with all workers therein retrained to become kindergarten teachers and massage therapists, free chocolate, compulsary dress codes for women in music videos (ie, they must actually wear clothes) the "beauty" industry to be renamed the "Torture and Self Esteem-killer industry", the outlawing of crap music (byebye Alien Ant Farm and Usher!!) and compulsary classes in dog-maintenance, child care, dental hygiene, basic cooking and media studies for everyone.
Oh, and to have Kofi Annan, Salman Rushdie, Umberto Eco, Billy Connelly, Mary Robinson, Gro Harlem Bruntland, Peter Jackson, Nelson Mandela, Bono, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Naomi Klein, Mamphela Ramphele, Michael Ondaatje, Marilyn Manson, Michael Moore and Aimee Mann over for dinner.
See? Easily pleased.
Smooch.