Sunday, May 23, 2004

Van Hottie

Well, contrary to Hester's opinion, Van Helsing did not suck, it was in fact very cool.
Ways in which it was cool:
-Hugh. Nuff said.
-Dracula movie, featuring the cool anti-gravity things that vampires do, like walk up walls and shit.
-Suitably corny script.
-Gadgets, in manner of Mr Bond, but in a 19th century sort of way.
-David Wenham who is cool.
-Hugh getting his kit off. Yeah.
-Girls kicking arse, and not in a slap and scratch wussy way, but proper fighting, like we do really. Except without the corsets, and makeup, and on-call hairdressers. And less with the choreographed shit, and more with actual stuff. But you know what I mean.
-Effects.
-Hugh.
-Did I mention the casting? Fine job there. (spot she who likes the eyecandy)
But for a better take on it, here we have Van Helsing in 15 minutes.

Can someone please explain to me why it is that I can be tired all day, like having a hard time constructing a sentence tired, and yet now its the middle of the night, and for the life of me, I'm buggered if I'm going to be able to sleep? All wide awake and raring to go. So now I've got the telly on, and quite possible the coolest shot in many years is on: X-Men, first movie, and Mystique and Wolverine are kicking the shit out of each other at the statue of liberty, Mystique has morphed into Wolverine form, and shes delivering a flying kick to Wolverine, and as she spins in the air, she turns back into Mystique. Its cool. This is in fact a very cool movie.
Cyclops (having just had Mystique encounter and seeing Wolverine, suspecting the worst)"Wait"
Wolverine: "Its me"
Cyclops: "Prove it"
Wolverine: "You're a dick"
Cyclops: "OK then..."

Maybe I should go to bed, if only for the sake of the 2 people in the world who read this baby and are about to get a blow-by-blow account of the rest of X-Men. Interesting to know however, what mutant power would you want? It doesn't have to be an X-Men power, but I know my sister would give her right foot to be Storm.

Also, Hester, I don't collect comic books, I did buy an X-Men one in Greece, but given that I could only understand every twentieth word, presuming every twentieth word was one of the following: Hello, I don't speak Greek, do you speak English, 123456789 or 10, I gave it to Chad who is the biggest comic geek you will ever meet. Or not meet. Doesn't speak Greek though.
I just like X-Men and watched the original cartoon lots.
Cyclops is a dick though.

Nighty-night.